Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Apparently I'm famous

Overheard at a paper review meeting for a conference:

Oh, Vincent Cheung is a famous vision researcher.

My prof was an area chair for one of the big computer vision conferences and him along with a bunch of other profs and researchers were off at some place discussing which papers to accept for the conference. Each paper gets peer reviewed by three people from the research community and then the area chairs use these reviews to guide them in their decisions. Apparently they sometimes look at the names of the reviewers to see how credible the reviews are and one time they were checking the names of the reviewers and somebody said the above quote. My prof found it amusing and just kept his mouth shut :)

I was also gonna post about the conference I went to a little while ago, but it's been a long time and I'm too lazy. It was kinda cool this time compared to 2005, because people were familiar with my work :)

1 Comment:

Asirap said...

You'll always be famous to me.

Post a Comment