Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Are you prepared? I'm not.


Do you have what you need in case of an emergency?
Avez-vous ce dont vous avez besoin en cas d'urgence?

Is your family prepared?
Votre famille est-elle prete?

I heard on an ad on the radio this morning for getprepared.ca and I would totally be screwed in an emergency. 72 hours of food? I don't think so. I wait until the food level in my fridge and cupboards gets really low until I get groceries, then I'll make a big run to Loblaws or Dominion's (or T&T if I have a car) with a backpack and a duffel bag and carry $150 of groceries by myself :p. Summer is easier since rollerblading home from Dominion's is easier and faster than walking while holding a bunch of grocery bags in each hand.

Right now, I don't have nearly enough canned and dry food and I never have bottled water on hand. At least Tiki would be fine. On the other hand, I would be surviving on vitasoy and granola bars...

List of dangers here in Ontario that I'm supposed to be prepared to be self-reliant for at least 3 days immediate after or during:
  • Blizzard

  • Earthquake

  • Flood

  • Hazardous material spill

  • Industrial accident

  • Infectious disease outbreak

  • Power failure

  • Severe Weather (heat/cold)

  • Terrorism

  • Tornado

  • Transportation accident

  • Wildfire

At least they don't have "monster attack" like in SimCity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment