Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lunar Eclipse

Lunar eclipse on Feb. 20, 2008 between 9:45pm and 11:22pm EST


Saturn and it's rings were supposed to be visible near the moon


Looking down Spadina at the CN Tower, SkyDome, and skyscrapers


More pictures


There was a full lunar eclipse tonight (where the Earth casts a shadow on the moon, as opposed to the moon casting a shadow on the Earth). I decided to bundle up and sit out on my balcony with my binoculars to observe the eclipse. We were lucky here in Toronto as the skies were perfectly clear. While I think I was able to figure out which little light in the sky was Saturn, unfortunately, my binoculars were not powerful enough for me to see its rings. I took out a tripod and snapped some pics of the eclipse, which I think turned out quite well. While I was out there (and waiting for stuff to change), I took some pics of the city as well. I should do the same during Earth Hour.

I would like to point out that I didn't observe the lunar eclipse just b/c of all the hoopla that it was given through the facebook event. This is actually my 3rd lunar eclipse:

Lunar eclipse on Jan. 20, 2000


Lunar eclipse on May 15, 2003

1 Comment:

Florence said...

Nice skyline photo. You could make a postcard out of it!

Post a Comment