Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Monday, January 16, 2006

Day 10: The rain dance worked


The Gods have blessed us with much needed rain! I tried not using camera flash this time and it didn't turn out all blurry! I still need more light though...

This was gonna be a much more interesting post, but I actually have homework! *Gasp* I'm sitting in on a Machine Learning for Computer Graphics course that requires me to read 3 papers for each class! That's 6 papers a week! Plus, I'm supposed to have something written up for my meeting with Brendan and other factorgram people tomorrow....

The all-candidates debate for Trinity-Spadina was pretty cool, though an actual debate, as opposed to just Q&A, would've been much better. Lots of talk on tuition, student loans, student bankrupcy, etc. since it was on campus. Frankly it doesn't really apply to me. The Conservative guy was a weenie. Tried to act all hip and cool and half his age, but came across as fake and looking just like a dweeb. He didn't even know the party platform... Then another guy (from some random small party) mentioned that he was against privatization of R&D, which I totally didn't like. That's likely the reason I won't stay in Canada b/c of the lack of really good (oh and high paying) industrial research labs in my research area. Tony Ianno (Liberal) mentioned R&D several times and I was like yeah, the Liberals gave me my scholarship :D. Of course I already have my scholarship, so voting Liberal doesn't matter in this respect, but I generally agree with their platform more than the others.

A princess told me that I am not a typical student (who would have cheered really loud and brought signs for Olivia Chow, the NDP candidate). I'm just "special", at least that's what people always tell me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

So Vince, why IS the grass greener on the other side (or at least more plentiful)?

Vince said...

Actually, we made a startling discovery back in Day 9, where we found out that infact there are two different types of grass being grown - ryegrass and bluegrass. This particular type of bluegrass apparently grows slower than the ryegrass and this experiment has corroborated the claim made in the manual.

Post a Comment