Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Rediscovering Winnipeg

Strawberry picking


Ballet in the Park


Fringe Festival Improv Show


Ziplining group photo


Ziplining


Video I took while on the zipline


Wind turbines


More ziplining pictures and videos


People always ask me what there is to do in Winnipeg and I usually reply with "not much". That's a lie. On the surface, it's not a very exciting place, but as with every other place, it is just as much fun as you make it out to be. There are always interesting things to be found in your own backyard. My goal each time I'm back in Winnipeg is to do things that I haven't done before, whether it's watching a Manitoba Moose hockey game, seeing (hearing?) the WSO (Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra), going bumper boating, snowboarding in a valley, or going to Folklorama.

This trip has been no different, as you can tell from the pictures above. I've gone strawberry picking (I got two of those boxes and they were quickly demolished by my family), saw Ballet in the Park (had no idea that it's been going on for 30 years), went to the Fringe Festival and saw an improv show starring one of Jill's coworkers (it was hilarious! I haven't laughed so hard in a while), went ziplining in rural Manitoba, and saw the wind power generating farm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment