Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fried udon

I made this on the 10th, but kept putting off the blog post. It's not the first time I've made fried udon, but it's the first time I'm documenting my process.

Ingredients: shrimp, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, and udon. I should've chopped up some onions too.



Put a little water and oil in the pan



Add the udon. I only ended up using 2 packages.



Cook until the udon breaks apart



Add the veggies. A spatula is easier at this point rather than chopsticks.



Add some frozen veggies for more colour if you want



The water will evaporate. You may need to add more oil. You can use a bit of sesame oil instead of regular oil. When the veggies are pretty much cooked, add the shrimp, or other meat, or nothing for vegetarian.



Seasoning: sesame seeds, dark soy sauce, white pepper, chives, sesame oil, parsley flakes, and light soy sauce. I just add a bit of everything. I don't know whether to use dark or light soy sauce, so I use both. Dark seems to give it the colour and saltiness and light gives a bit of a sweet taste. If available, use fresh green onions and parsley instead of the jarred chives and flakes I used.



Done



The final product. It was tasty!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

EAT A BIG PLATE OF NOODLES!

Post a Comment