Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Golf: I've been doing it wrong this whole time

University of Toronto Varsity Centre Bubble


Inside the bubble


Driving range ball that I swiped


I came back to Toronto after the Christmas break and all of a sudden there was this bubble on campus! It's being used for soccer, ultimate, and other stuff. It's fake grass inside. For half of every day, half of the bubble is set-up as a golf driving range, and as an introductory offer, it was free!

It was pretty busy, with most of the little cubby things were occupied. The bigger problem was that they had a very limited selection of golf clubs (also free). When I got there, there were only left handed clubs. I've only ever golfed right handed, but I decided to give it a shot as I play hockey left handed (not that I really play hockey).

I'm actually better left handed than right handed! I could consistently get the ball in the air, going straight, and hitting the back wall of the bubble! I've never been able to do that before. I was however, using a pitching wedge and a 6 iron, which are easier to hit with, but still, I've never hit like that before.

Unfortunately for you guys, now that I can hit a golf ball, there won't be any more videos like the last golfing video. You know that I had to link to it :). There have been 1,672 views of it on Google Video!!! That's pretty crazy!

While I had a fun time, the regular price of $17.50/hour for students is outrageous. I'd pay like $5 or $10. I'm already paying athletic fees in my tuition after all.

3 Comments:

Bob said...

Ahh.. what would a post about golf be without a link to the world famous golf video?

Bob said...

Ahh.. what would a post about golf be without a link to the world famous golf video?

Bob said...

Ahh.. what would a post about golf be without a link to the world famous golf video?

(that last one was an accident but this one isn't)

Post a Comment