Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Lord of the Wasps

The scene in my apartment when I came home on Oct. 2, 2005.

As you can see by this disturbing picture and the title of this post, I've been having wasp problems in my apartment. Wasps come to my apartment to die. They get into my apartment, I think through cracks around the window in my living room, then they fly around the window a bit, walk around a bit, then just stop moving. This has been happening for maybe 3 weeks now :s.

They generally confine themselves to a corner of my apartment that is quite a distance away from the space I use (bedroom, kitchen, dinner table, TV and couch, and bathroom). They don't really bother me as they're not very active. They don't try and attack me or my food.

I've become quite accustomed to living with them and cleaning up dead wasps has become a daily ritual for me. They make the apartment less lonely, they're like little pets.... Ok, I'm starting to creep myself out now. I tell you, the first time it happened it freaked the crap out of me. This picture is from the worst day - that one day was crazy... It's slowed down a lot lately, usually only maybe like 1 or 2 on the floor per day; the "typical" day gave around 5-10.

I read somewhere that the wasps are invading to escape the cold, but since they're near death when they come into my apartment and they don't bother me, I've learnt to deal with them. What ever I was reading said that they couldn't stop the wasps from coming in, even after trying to seal all the cracks. I hoping for a good frost to kill them once and for all...

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

All you need to tell your apt manager to fix this problem.
Are you plan to live with BUG?

Vince said...

The thing is is that I'm leaving soon and I don't think the problem would get solved before I leave or the problem stops by itself. Plus, I'm too lazy to do anything about it... and I like my new pets.

Post a Comment