Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fear the Interns!

Went to City Beach in Santa Clara Sunday night for 4 hours of pick-up volleyball! I was so done after that. It was ok, but I wasn't happy with the way it was run. The fact that it had 4 courts was actually a bad thing. 3 of the courts were playing 2's and only 1 with 6's. I prefer 6's. Then, the 6's was like 5-1, rather than the more typical 6-2 that is more typical of pick-up. My team was pretty good, we lost our first game, but then dominated after that winning like 3 or 4 times in a row. I played power and was pounding balls pretty good that day. I was pretty sore after that. I'm still sore.

So a lot of the good players wer playing 2's, which kinda sucked. The guys were pretty good, but I've played with and against better. The girls on the other hand, I was very impressed. There were like 4 or 5 really, really good girls, like some of the best I've seen. I overheard one of them casually saying that she won the grass tournament last weekend and I would guess that a few of them play for Stanford's team. This one girl was hitting like Rachel Wacholder from the AVP. It's a funny hit. They both like don't turn their bodies much, but get a wicked snap on the ball and drill it down pretty good. It doesn't look like it's going to be hit hard, but it is. She and what looked to be her sister, were both really good and cute. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what their ethnicity was, but you know I'm pretty horrible at figuring that out, with my whole 3/18 on All Look Same.

In the Google sand volleyball tournament, my team, Fear the Interns!, won our second game! It was pretty sad actually: 15-1 and 15-2 (old school sideout scoring). Wasn't really fun at all actually. They couldn't pass worth crap. I think I served like 7 or 8 points in a row in both games (serving floaters and my jump serve was actually working). They like hadn't ever played together before. Last week's game was at least much more exciting. We went to 3 games and we were down a lot in the first, but rallied back to make it close, narrowly won the second once we started screaming when we won the rally, and then blew them out in the tie breaker. We weren't playing all that well and we couldn't serve, which makes it rather difficult to get points with sideout scoring.

3 Comments:

John said...

cryptography on a blog? now that's the nerdiest thing ever! even worse than a trip to comp history museum, haha.

gimme the key =P

Vince said...

You guys don't seem to understand the concept of encryption.

NO KEY FOR YOU.

Anonymous said...

Vince! secret's don't make friends!!!!

Post a Comment