Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

No more garbage posts

Ok, I've modified my encrypted blog text code so that it no longer shows the encrypted text until you click the link. It took longer than I expected b/c I wanted to do it in a way that the scrambled text also didn't show up in RSS readers, which generally ignore such things as css style tags, eg. "display: none".

What I ended up doing was just using the encrypted text as an argument into the javascript function and just using innerHTML to display the encrypted text. Then I came across problems with some of the readers and aggregators that didn't like line breaks in the middle of a javascript function call in a hyperlink, so I had to do more hacking. The one last thing that would be nice would be to be able to decrypt multiple blocks simultaneously, eg. I can write about how much I can't stand *** and how much *** annoys me, and then when you decrypt, it fills in the *'s :)

Anyways, it should be working now and now I don't have to be concerned about how much I blog privately b/c the scrambled text doesn't show anymore and my blog doesn't look like crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment