I went to Little India today to get a secret ingredient, which is unrelated to the meal I made today, but the trip led me to buy curry and other ingredients necessary for my dinner. In Winnipeg, I can get mango pulp in Superstore, but I couldn't find it anywhere here and had to go all the way to Little India, where one small grocery store had like 4 or 5 different brands!
Today's dinner menu was inspired by Sarah's curry.
It was the first time I tried making curry and it was AMAZING!!! I swear that the flavour was exactly like chicken jalfrezi from a real Indian restaurant, except without the obscene amount of oil and more veggies.
- Cooked the onions in some oil in a pan
- Threw in the chicken and scooped several teaspoons of curry paste in
- Cooked for a few min. and then added the coconut milk and veggies
- Simmered for a while, using a lid to help cook the vegetables
- Wrapped the bread in aluminum foil and warmed it up in the oven
- Made a fruit smoothie
- Ate to the brink of food coma
The only thing I'd change next time is to cook the potatoes separately for a bit b/c they took a while to cook despite being in small chunks and caused me to cooked the whole thing for longer than I needed, but it wasn't over cooked. I used "boiling" potatoes. I'm so confused at all the different potatoes - frying, boiling, baking, batteries, satellites...