Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Seriously, it's warmer in Canada

End of June. I'm wearing jeans and a sweatshirt on top of my t-shirt and I'm cold. I am from Winterpeg. DOUBLE-YOU TEE EFF?!?!?!???!?!?!

Frickin' San Francisco is freezing. This is not summer. This is not California. In California, you are in swimming trunks all the time and have to resist the urge to take your shirt off to keep cool.

Went up to SF for a Giants (baseball) game, as Google bought tickets for the interns to go (and also gave us $20 in Giants bucks to buy food, beer, etc.). It was definitely not summer. Windy, cold, foggy/overcast. Not sunny California by a long shot. If it wasn't for the wind, it would have been decent with jeans and a sweatshirt, but still, it's "SUMMER". With the wind it was rather chilly at times. IT IS THE END OF JUNE. Seriously, it's warmer in Canada. No jokes.

Stupid ocean currents are going the wrong way and the ocean and bay water is so cold (~10 degrees) that it causes all this fog and makes San Francisco much colder than say, Palo Alto or Mountain View.

I brought a sizeable number of sleeve-less t-shirts expecting that I would be wearing them a lot. Boy was I wrong.

Oh, btw, "we" won! We hit a grand slam!

And on another note, this is my Pi'th blog post!!!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I love SF. Fisherman's wharf and the walruses that act like thugs.

Post a Comment