Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Weak in the knees

I got it bad. I didn't think that I'd feel this way again so soon. I was actually losing hope that I'd ever feel this way again. My legs are practically trembling when I stand. I'm short of breath. My heart is beating uncontrollably. My palms are sweaty.

This is of course completely unrelated to my return to training where I ran around the park across the street 4 times. I only did the South side so I didn't have to cross Grant, but it was about 3.5 km. I was doing about 5 min. / km, which isn't bad considering that I haven't trained for about 3 years, and is just over the pace I did in the Toronto Marathon 5k run in 2003. It felt pretty good too. Every day (or day I train), I will add an extra lap (~875 m). What am I training for? A couple things. Getting in shape for the U of T varsity volleyball try-outs, training for the Toronto half marathon, and just to improve my aerobic capacity (since most of the sports I play are anaerobic).

2 Comments:

John said...

hey vince, is it possible to let matlab control something like basic stamp (a microcontroller) based on a set of inputs?

Vince said...

t probably is, though I haven't done any Matlab -> hardware stuff before. There's probably a simpler and easier solution though.

Post a Comment