Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

OMG, STOP PEEING IN MY ROOM!!!

Earlier today, one of the two dogs we're babysitting for my older sister's friend peed in my room. I didn't even know the dogs went into my room, just that they were running around upstairs, and then I go into my room, and I see this wet spot :s. Not sure if it was Rafiki or Wicket... Those dogs are funny. They look a lot like Tiggy, at least in fur colour and size, and collectively, they are referred to as 3 cats or 3 dogs. It's a little ambiguous either way. I just call them all Tiggy.

Then, just a little while ago while, after I came out of the shower and clipped my nails (btw, clipping my toe nails was a bitch b/c I couldn't see my toes! Without my glasses (getting new lenses) and with me too lazy to put in my contacts right before bed to only have to take them out again, I'm useless...), I went to my laptop to kill time while I waited for my hair to dry and I notice that my bed is soaked.

MI-MI PEED ON MY BED!!! That's Mi-mi the cat, not Mimi the person. Not only did she pee on my bed, but she peed on my pillow! This is the SECOND time that she's done this! First time being like 2 Christmas's ago. It's b/c of my buckwheat pillow. She thinks it's fun to play with and kneed her paws on. It also has a similar consistency as litter and gives her the urge to urinate all over it. I had anticipated this behaviour and had covered my pillow with my blanket, but no, she found the pillow underneath and peed right through the blanket and got the pillow a bit wet as well. It's like not a small pee either, it's a monster pee when she does this. She's all acting friendly now and sitting next to me on my bed (with changed sheets, etc.)

You pretty much can't wash a buckwheat pillow, at least you can't properly get urine out of it. As such, I'm now in the market for a new buckwheat pillow. I guess it's actually good in some respects, as I was just thinking that I needed to do some much overdue purging and cleansing, and the pillow would have been the only thing that wouldn't have gone. I'll do the ritual when I get back to Toronto.


Update (Aug. 27, 2006):  I wake up at like 7 or something b/c I hear her scratching at the wall near the door b/c Mi-mi wants to get out. When I crawl out of bed, my knee feels wet... She had peed at the corner of the foot of my bed sometime in the middle of the night :s. It was too early to do anything about it, and it wasn't super wet or smelly, so I just curled up in the opposite side of my queen sized bed and kept sleeping :p

4 Comments:

Bob said...

Oh man.. cat pee is gross, and you can never get that smell out. I remember one year my cat peed on my backpack. I had to throw out all my notes they stunk so bad. No wonder I did so bad in fluid mechanics.

Vince said...

I just threw everything into the wash (blanket cover, blanket, pillow case, sheets, and mattress protector). I didn't bother to do anything to it before putting it in the washer, as it was like 3 in the morning. Hopefully that'll do the trick...

Anonymous said...

i thought cats do that kind of stuff when they're upset with their owners. Perhaps your cat is upset she doesn't see you as much. Or perhaps she has taken over your room as her own and doesn't appreciate you in her territory. You should find a "Cat Whisperer"

Vince said...

I've seen her play on my pillow before. She's very happy. I think she just likes the feeling of it. She also peed on our bean bag chair a while back. Same idea.

Post a Comment