Vincent Cheung

Vincent Cheung's Blog


« Newer Post Home Older Post »

Monday, January 23, 2006

Damn it all!

I'm so not in a good mood...

The person(s) responsible for taking my tools will be severely punished. First my wrench went missing from my toolbox. Now I can't find my hammer, which is supposed to be in the tool cubby, to build my new shelf. Oh, and my umbrella condom is missing as well. I AM NOT PLEASED. Return these items now or suffer the consequences.

Plus, now I'm majorly wedged between a rock and a hard place. Just got word that the indoor beach volleyball tournament has no spiking or overhand serves in our division. So basically it's not volleyball. It's almost as bad as water volleyball, which by the way in no way resembles volleyball. It's akin to software engineering.

Now I'm stuck. I can either disappoint my friends, or disappoint my friends. Lose-lose situation. If we play, half the team will be grumpy and mad at me b/c it's not volleyball and we're paying quite a bit to play a lot of something claiming to be volleyball. If we don't play, then I disappoint my friend who's organizing it, no one gets to play, and I have to refund all the pledge money that I've already collected, and ditto to the others who've already collected pledges. Sigh. Things might fall apart without my control once the others get word of the "rules" and back out. It might not be that bad to play, we just have to have the mindset that we're not playing volleyball and that the money is going to charity. I'm ok with that. I don't know if the others are.

It's a good thing I can't find my hammer right now, or I'd be bashing in someone's head, or at least the wall...

6 Comments:

Bob said...

sounds like a case of the mondays

Vince said...

...except that this was Sunday night.

Anonymous said...

My Sunday night involved being at work until midnight...
Oh, so did my Saturday.

Bob said...

.. a really bad case of the mondays then..

Vince said...

Well, it could be worse. You could be doing homework until 3am Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, AND not get paid for doing it :p

Oh, and I'm pleased that you're no longer posting non-anonymously as Anonymous :)

Alan Howard said...

Why don't you talk to your team, explain the situation that's arisen - which isn't your fault - and find out what they would like to do? Don't assume responsibility, let the team decide. Everyone will be happier for it. That creates a win-win scenario for you and the team, rather than you making the decision for them. :-)

Post a Comment